Public sector home page
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations enable business processes that are common to both the public and private sectors, such as budgeting, purchasing, accounts payable, and accounts receivable tasks.
Table of Contents
Use the Public sector functionality to meet the rules, regulations, and reporting requirements for organizations that serve the public. The business processes affected include:
- Fund accounting, derived financial hierarchies, and posting definitions for accounts receivable and the general ledger.
- Preliminary budgets, apportionments, and commitments.
- Billing codes, billing classifications, trading partner codes, and custom fields for free text invoices.
- General ledger year-end processing, which includes encumbrances and commitments on purchase orders.
- Electronic payments to vendors, signature pages for payment reports, and invoice payment holds.
- Planning for Public sector functionality
- Accounts payable in the Public sector
- Accounts receivable in the Public sector
- Budgeting in the Public sector
- Fixed assets in the Public sector
- French regulatory features*
- General ledger in the Public sector
- Procurement and sourcing in the Public sector
- Security roles in the Public sector
The Public sector configuration key enables pages and controls that supplement the core apps . You can enable or disable this key on the License configuration page.
The following table provides information about how this configuration key relates to other configuration keys.
|Child keys||Advanced ledger entry configuration key (AdvancedLedgerEntry)
Public sector 1099G configuration key (Tax1099G)
Public sector 1099S configuration key (Tax1099S)
French regulatory configuration key
- Additional help is available as task guides inside Dynamics 365 for Operations. To access task guides, click the Help button on any page.
- For information about Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations training, see Microsoft eLearning (requires CustomerSource account).