Power BI home page
This topic lists resources to help you use Power BI with Dynamics 365 for Operations.
Table of Contents
|Feature area||Power BI content||Where to find the Power BI content||Learn more|
|Financial management||Financial performance||Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services (LCS) (This version of the content pack supports Dynamics 365 for Operations version 1611.)
PowerBI.com (This version of the content pack supports Microsoft Dynamics AX 7.0 and 7.0.1.)
|Financial Performance content pack for Power BI|
|Credit and collections management||LCS|
|Human capital management||Recruiting reports||LCS||Recruiting content pack for Power BI|
|Employee competencies and development reports||LCS||Employee Competencies and Development content pack for Power BI|
|Organizational training reports||LCS||Organizational Training content pack for Power BI|
|Workforce metrics||LCS||Workforce Metrics content pack for Power BI|
|Compensation and benefits reports||LCS||Compensation and Benefits content pack for Power BI|
|Project management and accounting||Practice manager||LCS|
|Retail and commerce||Retail channel performance||PowerBI.com||Retail Channel Performance content pack for Power BI|
|Supply chain management||Cost management||PowerBI.com||Cost management Power BI content|
|Sales and profitability performance||LCS||Sales and profitability performance content pack for Power BI|
|Purchase spend analysis||LCS||Purchase spend analysis content pack for Power BI|
|Cost accounting analysis||LCS||Cost accounting analysis Power BI content|
For information about how to download Power BI content and connect it to your organization’s data, see Power BI content in LCS from Microsoft and your partners.
- Sign in to PowerBI.com.
- Click Get Data.
- In the Services box, click Get.
- Select the content pack that you want, and then click Get.
- Enter the URL of your Dynamics 365 for Operations environment. The URL must be in the format https://<YourAOSTenant>.cloudax.dynamics.com. Click Next.
- Select oAuth2 as the authentication method, and then click Sign in.
- When you’re prompted, enter a Microsoft Office 365 account that has permission to access your Dynamics 365 for Operations environment.
- After you’ve signed in, the import process begins automatically. When the import is completed, the reports that are included in the content pack appear in the navigation pane. Select a report to view your imported data.
- Power BI integration
- Overview of Power BI integration with Entity store
- Author and distribute Power BI reports with Entity store
- Pin Power BI reports to workspaces
- Power BI content in LCS from Microsoft and your partners
- Use an Electronic reporting configuration to provide Power BI with data from Dynamics 365 for Operations
- Additional help is available as task guides inside Dynamics 365 for Operations. To access task guides, click the Help button on any page.
- For information about Dynamics 365 for Operations training, see Microsoft eLearning (a CustomerSource account is required).