Accounts payable home page
This topic provides a list of the help topics and other resources that are available for Accounts payable.
You can enter vendor invoices manually or receive them electronically through a data entity. After the invoices are entered or received, you can review and approve the invoices by using an invoice approval journal or the Vendor invoice page. You can use invoice matching, vendor invoice policies, and workflow to automate the review process so that invoices that meet certain criteria are automatically approved, and the remaining invoices are flagged for review by an authorized user.
- Accounts payable setup overview
- Accounts payable invoice matching
- Accounting distributions and subledger entries for vendor invoices
- Three-way matching policies examples
- Invoice matching and intercompany purchase orders
- Overview of vendor invoices
- Vendor posting profiles
- Default offset accounts for vendor invoice journals and invoice approval journals
- Resolve discrepancies during invoice totals matching
- Positive pay overview
- Set up and generate positive pay files
- Year-end 1099 reporting
- Centralized payments for Accounts payable
- Create vendor invoices using a payment proposal
- Reverse a vendor payment
- Vendor payments for a partial amount
- Prepayment invoices and prepayments overview
- Scenario: Settle a partial vendor payment and settle the final payment in full before the discount date
- Scenario: Settle a partial vendor payment before the discount date with a final payment after the discount date
- Scenario: Settle a partial vendor payment that has discounts on vendor credit notes
- Scenario: Settle a partial vendor payment that has multiple discount periods
- Scenario: Take a discount that is more than the calculated discount for a vendor payment
- Scenario: Take a cash discount outside the cash discount period
- Additional help is available as task guides inside Dynamics 365 for Operations. To access task guides, click the Help button on any page.
- For information about Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations training, see Microsoft eLearning (requires CustomerSource account).